The 2008 Major League Lacrosse National Championship Game was held at Harvard Stadium in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The Rochester Rattlers defeated the Denver Outlaws to claim the title by a score of 16 - 6. The Rattlers dominated the entire game and held the lead for the whole game. The Rattlers were lead in scoring by Attackman Jeff Zywicki, who had six goals in the victory. Rochester Midfielder Joe Walters was also named the Championship Weekend MVP. In two game playoff, he had 11 points, including six goals and five assists. The leading scorer for Denver was Ryan Powell with one goal and two assists. In the semifinals Rochester beat the Philadelphia Barrage 16 - 15 in overtime. Denver beat the Los Angeles Riptide 13 - 12.
I really enjoyed watching this game and the other games during the weekend. All three games were very intense and high paced. I was able to watch every second of every game and that made the weekend even better because one of my favorite sports was on all day. I am happy that the Rattlers won the game because it was their first championship. In winning the game, Rochester became the first city to have a lacrosse team win a championship in three different leagues. Another reason I wanted Rochester to win is because they were upset in the playoffs last year. Also my favorite player, John Grant Jr. is on the Rattlers and I am very happy that he can add a championship to his long resume.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment