
Packing the buses full of suitcases for Camp Pyro is not my favorite way to start a day. However, for the past 3 summers I have been a counselor for one week each summer. I have always had a great time at camp but this past summer was a little different. My brother, Timmy was coming to camp for the first time and I was excited to spend time with him in a new environment. As my mom dropped off Timmy, he threw his bags at me and told me to put them in the trailer - happy to boss me around for once. Not willing to let Tim get his way, and knowing the perfect way to aggravate him, I told him to pack his own bag unless he wanted to sit in the trailer all the way up to camp. Acting in his usual fashion, He wound up for a big punch and slugged me in the arm (the feeling is similar to a mosquito landing on one's arm). And me, acting in my usual fashion, laughed at him for getting so upset so easily and told him I would pack the bags.
Even though I know every single thing that makes Timmy get riled up, I only use them when he asks for it and for the most part we get along very well. He is my best friend and not only do we have many of the same interests, we do tons of activities together.
Up at camp, I led a cabin of fourth grade boys (the same age as Tim) through various activities and games like an oatmeal fight, trips to the waterslide, and capture the flag. However, the week went by in a flash, and before I knew it I was loading up the buses again - watching my back for any sneak attacks from Timmy. We would be home soon and be yearning to start up a fresh new mini-stick tournament.

No comments:
Post a Comment