The Odyssey endeds on a great note and had a lot of good, fast paced action. When Odysseus returned to Ithica, he silently bid his time disguised as a beggar and collect intel on the enemy over-running his house. Odysseus made a plan to slaughter the suitors with Telemachus and a few other loyal servants. Once it was time to strike, Odysseus shed his disguise and showed who he really was. The suitors were amazed.... Then Odysseus stated the killing spree and didn't stop hurling spears, shooting arrows, and stabbing flesh until the last suitor collapsed dead on the cool floor. Control over the palace was regained and Penelope could finally get it on. The end. On a scale of one to ten, I would rate this book a six because it has a great story line and a good amount of action but gets very boring in a lot of parts. I think it is a decent book to read for school.
So this is my second time blogging about The Odyssey in the last two weeks. Frankly I'm very excited for this unit to be over. Don't get me wrong, I liked the book a lot and I love reading about Greek stories and mythology but it's just getting old. The biggest pain about the book is the fact that we need to do a study guide for every chapter. The concept is pretty good but it would be much better if we did them together as a class. I read every chapter we were supposed to but it is still hard to remember all of the details of what happened. Now I have to go back in my book and find the answer to some of the questions. I think for all the effort we put into these study guides, we should be able to use them for more than the last ten minutes of the test.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment