Saturday, January 3, 2009

Q2, P16. Stormy Weather #4

I am almost done with my outside reading book for the second quarter. I have been reading Stormy Weather by Carl Hiaasen and it has been a very good book. Right now, Max Lamb is still in New York, trying to convince the Bronco Tobacco Company owner to continue producing the cigarettes in his factory. This is the biggest event in Max's career at his add agency but unfortunately he can't stop thinking about Bonnie and what she is doing in Florida. Bonnie, Skink, and Augustine are teaming up with Officer Jim Tile to help him find Snapper. Tile wants to locate Snapper because he brutally beat up Jim's police partner and girlfriend, leaving her in critical condition in the hospital. Snapper and Edie are still at the Torres' house waiting for the insurance company to arrive and scam them out of the hurricane money. When the inspector arrives at the house, the two criminals manage to act like a couple and come up big. They get over $100,000 for all the damages and losses to the house and think they are gonna be rich.

I am almost done with Stormy Weather and I have thoroughly enjoyed the book. I don't like Snapper and I really hope that he dies or goes to jail (again). He deserves to be punished for assaulting a woman police officer and nearly killing her. I also am not a big fan of Max Lamb and I think that he is not the right man for Bonnie. On the other hand, I feel bad for Max because he is too worried about his job and doesn't realize he is losing Bonnie. I am predicting that the book is going to end with an event that deals with all of the characters and brings them together to resolve all of their own individual problems. I can't wait to finish up my book and find out how Hiaasen will tie things together.

2 comments:

Tommy D. said...

Sounds like a great book! you will have to tell me more about it!

Anonymous said...

This looks like a tight book. Im going to read it next.