Sunday, December 28, 2008

Q2, P15. Stormy Weather #3

My outside reading book - Stormy Weather by Carl Hiaasen - just keeps getting better and better. I have been reading a lot since I last posted so a lot of new things have happened in the book. Bonnie and Augustine have added a third person to their hunting party. Jim Tile is a highway patrol man and also Skink's Ex-bodyguard. He is always keeping tabs on Skink and making sure he doesn't get into to much trouble. The three are finally able to contact Skink and they are able to get back Max along with brining Skink along. Meanwhile, Snapper and Eddie Marsh couldn't be happier because Tony Torres was murdered by a disgruntled Brooklyn-mafia-involved son of a woman killed in a mobile home during the storm. This leaves Snapper and Eddie as the only people receiving the hurricane money. But suddenly Tony's Ex-Wife, Niria Torres calls the house and starts asking a lot of questions to Snapper. He panics and hangs up the phone, leaving Niria no choice but to drive down to Florida and collect her hurricane money in person. As soon as Max was rescued, all he could think of was his job back in New York and took the first flight back there to make sure his job was safe. Bonnie didn't want to go and decided to stay with Augustine until Max came back. Max was mad about her decision but still left without her.

The story is really rolling now and I think that it will only get better and more exciting. I really love how there are a bunch of different story lines inside the book. I think it makes the book more interesting and makes it so there are a ton of twists and turns in the story. Another reason I like having multiple story lines is because Hiaasen likes to connect the characters together to help solve the problem in the story. It is fun to read the book and watch the characters slowly come together and create on big plot instead of multiple smaller ones.

No comments: