Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Q2, P13. Stormy Weather #1

For the second quarter outside reading project, I decided to read Stormy Weather by Carl Hiaasen. I love all of Hiaasen's books and just like all of the other ones I have read, I find it hard to stop reading andput this one down. So far the book is mainly about a newly wedded couple - Bonnie and Mike Lamb - who are on their Honeymoon in Disney World. Their plan was to stay at Disney and visit all of the parks. But when Max learns a big hurricane is headed to another part of Florida, He drags Bonnie with him to go see the aftermath. Then when Max is filming the damage the hurricane did, a monkey takes his camera. While chasing the monkey, Max runs into the Ex-Governor-Turned Hermit, Skink who doesn't like him filming the destruction and his tourist ways. Skink gets mad and ends up "kidnapping" Max. Bonnie then realizes he's missing and she starts to search for him.

I chose to read this book because I have read multiple Carl Hiaasen books in the past and I have enjoyed every single one of them. I like Hiaasen's books because they have multiple story lines in every book and in the end all of the story lines come together to help resolve the problem in the story. I also like the books because they all take in place in Florida, and I go there for spring break ever year. So i fell like I can relate to what is going on in the story sometimes and compare the people in the books experiences with my own.

2 comments:

Ben said...

This sounds like a very bad book. The monkey stealing the camera makes me very angry. BEN

Kramer D said...

I started this book this summer then forgot to finish it. It was good and i like all of Hiaasen's other books too. I'm reading Skin Tight and i just read Skinny Dip which are about the same main characters.