"Landed" by Ben Folds would be a good addition to The Road Soundtrack. Landed relates to The Road when Ben Folds sings "Till I opened my eyes and walked out the door. And the clouds came tumbling down. And it's bye-bye goodbye I tried. Treading the sea of a troubled mind. I had to leave myself behind." Those lines are similar to the book when The Man and The Boy have to make tough decisions. "And the clouds came tumbling down." is like when the characters wold turns into one with out comforts or friends to support them. " I had to leave myself behind" symbolizes The Man deciding to start his journey with The Boy even thought he had to leave a lot of the things he loved behind. From the book, "You cant protect us. You say you would die for us but what good is that? I'd take him with me if it werent for you. You know I would. It's the right thing to do. You're talking crazy (Pg.56)." That quote relates to "Landed" because they both talk about someone trying to do a crazy thing to help others. But someone who care about that person intervenes for the better of everyone. "Landed" would be a perfect addition to The Road sound track because it has a nice tempo to fit the books story line and a lot of the lyrics can be compared to the book.
HERE IS THE LINK TO THE SONG ------ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54eNjLgImLs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i think this is a poor choice in a song. I know your musical experences and you should have listened to them more, you should have impressed mrs B more. thank you for your time_rash
I must agree with rash on this one pete. im sorry but i really believe that this is a bad song choice
Post a Comment