As I told you last week, I have decided to read Stormy Weather by Carl Hiaasen for my second quarter outside reading project. What is happening in the book now is Bonnie is still looking for her husband. Skink brought Max back to his home in the woods and to control him, he put a electric panther collar on Max. Also another story line has entered the story. Edie Marsh and "Snapper" came to Florida to get lawsuit money for faking accidents in damaged neighborhoods. They came to the house of Tony Torres, a mobile home sales men who realizes they are trying to pull a fast one on him and demands they stay at his house or he will call the police. He makes them stay with him because he doesn't want his Ex-Wife to get any of the hurricane money so he is going to pretend Edie is his wife, sign the insurance papers, and collect all the money. Back with Bonnie, her search is going no where until she meets a man named Augustine who was the newly made owner of many rare animals including a Lion, Panther, Water Buffalo, Grizzly Bear, and the monkey that stole Max's video camera. They team up to search for the animals and Max.
I am really enjoying this book and it has been really hard to put down. I feel like the story is just starting to get going and I think there are going to be a lot of twists and turns in the story coming up. So far my favorite character is Skink. He is my favorite because he is always unpredictable and doing spontaneous things. I like how he uses a lot of sarcasm and his dry sense of humor. I also like him because he has a weird path that is different from any other character I have read about. I'm very excited to keep reading and once again, Carl Hiaasen has not disappointed me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Pete, what are these books about and what's so good about them? You and Narl Cornberg read them and from what I have herd they sound good. Although Narl does read them so they probably aren't that great
Pete this book is terrible go read Lone Survivor or No Country for Old men if you want to read something good.
Post a Comment